Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The President's Address

I didn't catch all of G-dub's address so I really can't draw any conclusion. What I did hear sounded like more of the same tired old cheerleading that the public has grown tired of.

I also caught a part of the talking heads on CNN and have to say I was struck by how differently they treat G-dub these days. For years they were so deferential. Not any more. They seemed to be mocking Bush's factual claims. Of course, Bush's claims deserved mocking but the claims are neither new, nor newly false. With Bush's approval ratings in the toilet and opposition to Iraq running high, the dew is off the lily.

Bottom line: If support for Bush and Iraq go up in the polling over the next 7 to 10 days the speech will have been a success. If not, a bust, and that is all that really matters.

UPDATE: Ezra has Bush's Speech By The Numbers.

No comments: