Tuesday, August 14, 2007
I'm admittedly late to this story but wanted to make sure I posted it here if for no other reason than I would be able to later find it.
It seems that everything you read from New York journalists who covered mayor Giuliani indicates that they think he is a medicated loon.
Wayne Barrett has a lengthy piece in the Village Voice detailing Rudy's Five Big Lies About 9/11. Jonathan Chait at the New Republic wrote that, “If the facts in this article were absorbed by the public, or even campaign journalists, Giuliani's presidential campaign would be over.”
Here are the lies according to Barrett:
1. 'I think the thing that distinguishes me on terrorism is, I have more experience dealing with it.'
2. 'I don't think there was anyplace in the country, including the federal government, that was as well prepared for that attack as New York City was in 2001.'
3. Don't blame me for 7 WTC, Rudy says. This was the NYC crisis command center located in the WTC by Rudy after the first bombing.
4. 'Democrats do not understand the full nature and scope of the terrorist war against us.'
5. 'Every effort was made by Mayor Giuliani and his staff to ensure the safety of all workers at Ground Zero.'