Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rush Limbaugh runs the GOP

Via Matt Yglesias GA GOP Rep Phil Gingrey, who yesterday pushed back against Rush Limbaugh by supporting the GOP Leadership, has been forced into a humiliating retraction and apology,
Turns out that Gingrey’s measured remarks provoked such a violent outcry that he has now been forced to apologize.

“Because of the high volume of phone calls and correspondence received by my office since the Politico article ran, I wanted to take a moment to speak directly to grassroots conservatives,” Gingrey said in a new statement released by his office. “Let me assure you, I am one of you.”

“I never told Rush to back off,” Gingrey continued. “I regret and apologize for the fact that my comments have offended and upset my fellow conservatives—that was not my intent…Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, and other conservative giants are the voices of the conservative movement’s conscience.”
This tells you all you need to know about the state of the Republican party and we at The Ward Report could not be happier.

No comments: