Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boehner still wants tax hikes off the table

Eric Cantor has broken off talks with Biden apparently over taxes and called for Speaker Boehner to step in (take the fall?).

Asked about the apparent impasse at a presser today, the Speaker said,"I understand his frustration, I understand why he did what he did, but I think those talks could continue if they're willing to take the tax hikes off the table."

I realize this sound extreme or even a little flaky coming from me, and I don't say this lightly, but I honestly don't believe I could support Barack Obama's re-election if tax hikes were taken off the table. I rather just sit the election out than support any further dithering on tax hikes. At some point a hard stand has to be taken, and clearly that point is now. It's past time for leadership.

Could you?

No comments: