Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Focus Group

I was contacted to participate in a focus group discussing "various business and legal issues" affecting the St Louis area.

The problem is that this focus group is taking place on three consecutive weekdays from 7AM to 6PM. Who has that kind of time?

The methodology of the group excludes the broad demographic of the gainfully employed leaving only the retired and unemployed, which of course skews the data collected. Perhaps the target audience they are researching is the elderly and unemployed than I guess they will do fine, but it just seems like a odd way to do this.

Before I would have been 'qualified' to participate in the focus group, I had to answer a series of screening questions. Since there was no way I was sitting through three 11 hour days of research, did declined the questions.

By the way, the study pays $500 if you set through all 33 hours.

No comments: